Twitpic was launched in 2008 by Noah Everett. Twitpic is a website which lets users, easily post pictures to the Twitter micro blogging and social media service.
Twitpic is commonly used by many citizen journalists. They upload and distribute pictures in almost real time as an event or important meeting or an emergency takes place. The Twitpic characteristics make it a good partner for Twitter. An individual can log into TwitPic by using his Twitter username and password. Twitpic usernames and passwords are the same as one uses in Twitter. If one comments to photographs they are sent as a reply tweet. Twitpic URLs are short so they don’t require any URL shortening.
- Tweepler – Manage New Twitter Followers
- Monitter – Live Monitor for Twitter
- TweetScan – Alerts for Twitter
- Twhirl is a desktop client for Twitter
- TWIBS – Twitter Business Directory
- Twitdom – Twitter Application Database