Google Drive is the latest offering of the search giant Google considering that Gmail offers nearly 7 GB of free space Google Drive seems to be redundant service but you never know what potential the service might actually have.
People have discovered the Gmail Drive the closest sibling of the Google Drive way long and have been successfully using ever since.
Some features of Google Drive which might not impress you would be:
- Google Drive would give you around 5 GB of free storage to start with.
- Google Drive is available for PC and MAC.
- Google Drive is safer than your personal device to store data.
- Google Drive integrates with Google Docs to give seamless access to you and your team both.
- Google Drive can be Upgrade to 25 GB for less than $2.50 a month
As said the service is redundant for not only Gmail itself but many of its competition too.To start with lets compare Google Drive with drives who offer same or more better features as of now:
- Google Drive gives 5 GB
- Dropbox also gives 5 GB and offers free GB’s if you invite your friends to open an account.
- Box.com gives 5 GB free too
Looking at the above figures Dropbox wins.
- Google Drive gives an Upgrage to 25 GB for less than $2.50 a month
- Dropbox starts with +1 GB per referral, up to +32 GB for $9.9
- Box.com also gives 25 GB for $9.9
Google Drive takes the lead here.
- Google Drive allows document syncing and already established features of Google Docs
- Dropbox does not allow this files syncing features yet.
- Box.com allows to Access files from anywhere. Collaborate and share on projects.
Google Drive takes a lead again considering the well known Google docs
Dropbox is a online data backup service that lets you store up to 100GB. It has apps for nearly everthing now and integrates with lots of add ons. Although DropBox looks a bit costly than similar services, the quality has a lot to emphasis.
Box.com enables rich collaboration tools that allow you to share files, organize digital content and manage user access to stored data.
Some nice questions about Google:
- How many people work at Google?
- Why has yahoo become my search engine on iPhone??? How do I get google back
- Why do people even ask questions on twitter? Just google innit.