Barter is a method of exchange in which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without using a medium of exchange.It is usually bilateral, but may be multilateral, and usually exists parallel to monetary systems in most developed countries, though to a very limited extent. Barter usually replaces money as the method of exchange in times of monetary crisis.
The following barter sites are enhancing the life of individuals by providing a platform to exchange goods globally.
- thredUP is where moms like you swap clothing, books and toys online
How thredUp works:
- Browse our list of thousands of boxes full of preloved kids clothes & toys – just $5 (+ $10.95 USPS shipping). Get your box delivered to your doorstep in just a couple of days.
- Post your own box of preloved clothes/toys your child no longer wears on thredUP. It takes just minutes to list out the great items your kids no longer use.
- When another member picks your box, send it 100% free of charge. We provide boxes, postage, and even schedule the pick-up.
- The Freecycle Network is made up of 4,987 groups with 8,764,960 members around the world. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by local volunteers .Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on ‘Browse Groups’ above the search box.
- Launched in June of 2011, Pawngo is the first full-service online pawn shop in the United States and is venture-backed by Daylight Partners, Access Venture Partners and Lightbank, the $100 million fund started by the founders of Groupon.Pawngo is co-headquartered in Denver, where its secured fulfillment center is based, and Chicago at the offices of Lightbank. Prior to Lightbank’s investment, Pawngo operated under the brand names Internet Pawn and Boomerang Lending. Pawngo is a licensed pawnbroker and complies fully with state-mandated pawnbroker statutes.
How Pawngo works:
- Answer a few quick questions about the item you want to pawn or sell.
- Soon after, we send you an email with an offer. Either print out a FedEx label from our website or we can send you a PawngoPak to ship it in.
- We pay for shipping, and of course, your item is 100% insured from the moment of drop off to return by Lloyd’s of London.
- When your package arrives at our pawn shop, our team of certified evaluators inspect your item and email a final offer.
- We immediately deposit the cash into your bank account and store your item in our pawn shop’s secure fulfillment center with 24-hour video surveillance.
- Once you pay back your loan, we ship the item back to you, again fully insured and completely on us. So now YOU can go back to doing the things you like with the people you love.
Trade Anything, Pay Nothing. U-Exchange is the Largest Swap Site that specializes in every type of trade. No barter currencies or commissions taken on trades. Contact, post and swap with other members.
Some of the features of U-exhange:
- Send and receive messages from your personal U-Exchange E-mail Inbox.
- Post of up to three photos which are automatically resized for you.
- Edit your listing/s anytime you like from your home page.
- Post up to two hyperlinks of your websites.
- Add details to your profile and avator for the discussion board.
- Post on the message board
- Bookmark listings that interest you. These listings will be saved on your homepage to view at a later date.
- Select the red icon when your trade is complete or you’re going away on holidays. You can still login at anytime to re-activate your account by selecting the green icon.
- View Latest Members to Join only. This is for members who check in daily and do not want to browse through all listings again.
- Add new listings to your account or delete old ones at anytime.
The Swap.com platform and community enhances your swap opportunities – which maximizes your swap value. And the best part is… the only cost is for shipping your item to your swap partner (if applicable). No catch. We truly believe swapping should be free. So it is.
Latest Questions from Business and Finance:
- why keep cash in the bank?
- What companies did Steve Jobs held stake in?
- How get to a loans for bad credit?
- Who should be the new CEO of Yahoo? suggest names?
- How do you rate success by salary?
- Why did Federal Student Aid just send me an email.. I mean it’s what I needed to hear but at 3:20am? Lol business hours ?
- How do i claim back my tax anybody ?
- How was your bank holiday weekend? Did you get up to anything good?